About SBM LAW
SBM LAW was established in October of 1990 by Robert Braun, Dean Muma and John Sheppard (Retired 1996). The firm began as a general practice of law in a small firm setting. Since our beginnings, we have developed a focus in the areas of estate planning, estate administration, personal and small business services.
- SBM currently has over 1,700 active Estate Planning files.
- SBM has helped with the administration of more than 1,000 estates.
- SBM has assisted with more than 4,500 residential purchases and sales.
- SBM is currently acting for more than 300 private corporations.
Bob and Dean, with the assistance of experienced support staff, provide a wealth of legal experience (combined over 75 years).
SBM LAW is committed to personally and professionally assisting clients with acquiring, preserving and distributing their holdings in accordance with their desires. We strive to provide high quality legal services to individuals, in a timely fashion, and for a fair price
Dean D. Muma
Dean was born and raised in Regina, Saskatchewan. He attended Campion and Leboldus High Schools. He graduated from the University of Regina with a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration in 1982 and from the University of Saskatchewan with a Bachelor of Laws (J.D.) in 1983. After Law School, Dean returned home to Regina to establish his practice in a small firm setting, which now includes 28 years with SBM.
Dean’s clients are individuals, small business owners, and farmers, many of whom have been with him for many years. Dean’s practice focuses on estate planning, estate administration, disputes involving estates and related personal and small business services. Dean has over 700 active estate planning files, and has assisted with the administration of more than 500 estates. Many of these have included complicated family matters, other contentious issues, and multi-jurisdictional holdings. Dean is pleased to be known as his clients’ lawyer. His practice has successfully developed through repeat business and client referrals.
Dean and his wife, Valerie, have raised five children, three of whom have left the nest, along with three dogs (current canine companion is an 8 year old Goldie named “Finnegan”). Dean’s out of office interests include food and wine, travel, sports, health and fitness, and his children’s activities. Dean is an avid golfer, and has been a Rider season ticket holder for more than 50 years.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Long-time member of Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers’ Association
- Long-time member and Past President of Canadian Progress Club Regina Centre
-National Board Member of Canadian Progress Club Charitable Foundation
- Member and Board Chair of Santa Marie Senior Citizen’s Home Inc.
- Certified Hockey and Baseball Coach
- Volunteered and provided Professional Services for Camp Circle of Friends
- Mentor and Judge for Optimist Club Oratorical Contest
Robert B. Braun
Bob acts for roughly 250 businesses and corporations and has over 1,000 active estate planning files. Many of Bob’s clients have been with his firm almost as long as he has been practicing. Bob’s emphasis on service and communication has engendered the loyalty of those clients.
Bob is married with three adult children, has four rambunctious grandchildren, all currently two years of age or less, and two granddogs.
He enjoys golf, though is decidedly mediocre, and is a bit of a “car guy” owning an older Mercedes Benz convertible and belonging to the Antique Auto Association of Regina.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Long time member of the Canadian Bar Association;
- National Board Member, Big Brothers and Sisters Canada;
- Board Member, Canadian Red Cross;
- Board Member, Campion College, University of Regina;
- Board Member, Garrity Homes and Clair Parker Homes, group homes for adults with disabilities;
- United Way volunteer;
- Volunteer work in youth sports including baseball and basketball.